OCR Cambridge Nationals Level 1 & 2 in Business and Enterprise

Subject:Business and Enterprise
Qualification Type:OCR Cambridge Nationals Level 1 and 2
Exam Board:OCR
Subject Leader:Mrs Braidley

Course Description

The content of the course will cover an introduction to business, planning and preparing for work and setting up and running an enterprise. All work will be linked to real life business scenarios with Business visits available. The OCR Cambridge Nationals are vocationally-related qualifications that take an engaging, practical and inspiring approach to learning and assessment. They’re industry-relevant and suit a wide range of learning styles and abilities. The course is 20 % externally assessed and covers level 1 and 2 right up to Distinction* at level 2.

Assessment Format

20 % externally assessed which is an exam paper based on Unit 1 an Introduction to Business which is a mandatory unit (this is a 1 hour exam). The rest of the assessment (80%) is centre assessed coursework tasks which are then moderated by OCR.

The grades are determined by a combination of pupils grades on each unit therefore if pupils perform weaker on one unit this can be compensated by their strengths in another unit.

Possible Progression (including careers and further education)

This qualification will prepare you for level 3 learning whether it be an apprenticeship, vocational qualifications or A Levels. It offers a broad foundation for further study including providing the basis for setting up your own business or working in any kind of business from a small sole trader to a multinational company. This course will also prepare pupils for effective recruitment and employment of any Business and Enterprise related career.