Reviewing an Education, Heath and Care (EHC) Plan
A parent and carers information session.
- Are you a parent/carer of a child/young person with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities?
- Does your child/young person have an EHC plan or are you going through an EHC needs assessment?
- If so you may find our free workshop really useful.
Details of the event can be found on the flyer below. Clicking on the image will open a printable / screen readable PDF version.
Wingfield U14 Girls Football Team will be playing away against Wickersley this Thursday, kick-off is at 3:45pm.
Wingfield Academy’s Year 7 Boys progressed to the next round of the English Schools’ FA Cup with a comprehensive 7-2 home victory against Oakwood High School.
Jack Dudhill was the standout player in an excellent team performance, notching four goals on his way to the hotly contested man of the match award with a stellar all-round performance, while Irfan Bogle scored the goal of the afternoon with an inswinging free kick from well outside the area.
Despite suffering an early setback with Oakwood opening the scoring, Wingfield showed resilience to dig in and never looked back once the scores were level, carrying a two goal lead into the break at 3-1.
Lesser teams may have relaxed and let the opponents back into the match but Wingfield extended their lead with all 14 squad players playing a key role in the victory which sees the boys head into the next stage of the competition.
In an attempt to remove all cash and cheques from school and to make paying for school visits, music lessons, bus fares etc. easier for parents/carers we are asking all parents/carers to sign up to ParentPay. (Please note: the school meals payment system remains the same, unfortunately you will not be able to pay for school meals via ParentPay).
This week your child should have brought home an activation letter, which gives you information about logging into ParentPay. If you require any further information please contact the school finance team who will be happy to help.
sports fixtures for this week are as follows:
Wednesday 3rd October
- Year 8 Boys Football v De Lacy Academy (H) 1st Round of ESFA Small Schools Cup (4pm)
- Year 9 Boys Football v Maltby Academy (H) RSFA Friendly (3:45pm)
Thursday 4th October
- Year 7 Boys Football v Oakwood High School (H) 2nd Round of ESFA Cup (3:30pm)
Dangerous Road Traffic Congestion – Wingfield Road
The Academy is gravely concerned with the dangerous and negligent behaviours of some parent/carers at the start and the end of the school day. Road traffic congestion has increased significantly and student safety is being severely compromised.
There is increased congestion due to larger numbers of students accessing the Academy due to its ever increasing positive reputation, the Academy operates a School Bus which transports out of catchment students to school and more parents/carers are choosing to drop children off directly adjacent to the school gates. This behaviour is both dangerous and negligent.
We are working closely with Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council and our Community Police Officers to ensure our students are able to access the Academy in complete safety.
Please Do Not:-
- Park on the yellow diagonal lines at any point.
- Drop students directly outside the school gate.
- Drop students off in a safe location, well away from the entrance to the school site.
- Be considerate of the School Bus and designated parking location (outside the Keppel Public House).
- Prioritise the safety of our school community by driving safety.
Please support the Academy in ensuring that no student receives significant harm or injury as a result of dangerous driving and the none observance of the Highway Code.
Phil Davis (Headteacher)
Lindsay Wootton-Ashforth (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science who is passionate and ambitious. The successful candidate will have the potential and drive to lead aspects of teaching and learning across the department and the motivation to take the first steps into leadership. Experience of leadership for this role is not essential. Our Science department has a vibrant and committed team whose enthusiasm for delivering exciting and creative lessons is a strength. The department consistently delivers good GCSE results, with the new 2018 results being particularly impressive grading above the National average.
Delivering consistently outstanding lessons in Science is the Academy’s priority for 2018/2019. We believe the appointment of a Second in Faculty/Lead Teacher is essential in taking the Academy towards an outstanding judgement. As Second in Faculty/Lead Teacher you will:
- Be a consistently good or outstanding teacher with proven results in raising the achievement and progress of pupils.
- Be an innovative and creative Teacher of Science.
- Have the skills and energy to inspire, lead and motivate others.
- Be passionate about Science and increasing student progression in to scientific careers.
- Develop outstanding Science practice.
- Have the ability to teach across all Science specialisms up to KS4.
The successful candidate will join our progressive and rapidly improving Academy. In 2016/2017 the Academy was ranked in the top 6% of Secondary Schools in the UK and fourth when compared to similar Schools. We are particularly proud that one of our key strengths is the quality of our care, guidance and support for our learners, which reflects well on our inclusive ethos. We are striving hard to generate a culture of high aspiration, despite some key challenges. We were also pleased that it was recognised that the leadership and management of the Academy are ‘good’ and that the behaviour of our students is exemplary.
You can find out more information and apply for the job via T.E.S. here.
The timetable for the October Y10 Pre-public Exams has now been published, this can be viewed on the Calendar & Exam Information pages. A printable version is available here.
Our Maths Department are currently rolling out Hegarty Maths for all ILT work, you can find a guide on this here. If you would like more information please get in touch.