Please ensure your child brings a water bottle which they can top up at our water stations, a sun hat and sun cream. If this is cancelled due to the weather etc. we will let you know.
- 37 hours per week, term time only plus all INSET days
- Band/Grade: F (£21,589 to £23,836) pro rota
- Required for September 2019
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
We are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Science Technician who is responsible for preparing equipment and laboratories for practical classes across both KS3 and KS4.The individual will join a committed team of staff to further develop student curiosity through practical application and exploration. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail whilst working with speed and precision in a busy Science department.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing technical and practical support required by the Science department on a daily basis.
- Ensure all classrooms are fully resourced and Science staff has the appropriate equipment to carry out scientific enquiries.
- Ensure that the health and safety in the Science prep room abides by legislation at all times.
- Be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of young people and to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of this post.
- Have technical experience, with the ability to prioritise preparation of resources on a daily basis.
- Show the confidence to demonstrate tasks to students if required.
- Enjoy encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people during extra-curricular activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join our dynamic team at the forefront of change and to make a real difference to raising standards of education in the local community.
Wingfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The post will require a DBS Disclosure check and references will be taken up prior to interview.
Informal discussions about the role and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or use the contact us form on the website to make an appointment. A link to full job description, person specification and application form can be found below.
I am writing to confirm the Academy’s intention to amend the current uniform policy in readiness for September 2019 (New academic year). The amendment will be that all students are to be required to wear plain black trousers in a tailored style. This means the option of wearing a skirt will no longer be available to students.
Modern day learning in a secondary school in 2019 encompasses a multitude of activities for female students and young women both within and external to the school building. Consultation and liaison with the Academy's student body via the School Council has demonstrated that the vast proportion of the female student body feel most appropriate when dressed in trousers. In addition to this, a number of parents / carers have contacted the Academy outlining the difficulties encountered when attempting to source appropriately lengthed and affordable skirts that meet the specific requirements of our strict uniform policy.
The Academy is comfortable in the knowledge that this amendment meets the desired need of the student population.
All our uniform items are available from our uniform provider Pinder’s, near Rotherham Bus Station.
If you have any queries around uniform please do not hesitate to contact the Academy or alternatively check the Academy website for further information on our uniform policy.
Thank you for your continued support of the Academy.